Game-by-game rant and raves....

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

WIN! Sabres3-Canes2 (shootout)

In my opinion, probably the best way to start the season! Many "professionals" have chosen the boys in Blue & Gold to take it all in the spring....instant jinx! Though there was little face-punching, I was able to drink beers at my leisure throughout the game, never worring about having to manage a come-from-behind victory. Props go out to Marty Biron for support of Ryan Miller....The guy is always smiling, even while being interviewed on the bench. I'm one who thinks they make an excellent tandem that could easily backstop the next 81 games on the road to the cup. Being the first game of the season, i feel it is necessary to voice my displeasure with the new logo. I don't have a problem with the overall design of the sweater, but I think the logo is piss-poor....kind of arena-football-esque....I'm sorry "guys-who-designed-it"....but your heart wasn't in it. I would have been happier with the "snorting bull" in the blue & gold. I realise there were some issues with the actual manufacturing as well as league rules regarding sweaters that caused some drawbacks, but once again, the logo itself just doesn't have the strength of an original6, or even a late-60's expansion team. Classic logos never die! Habs, Red Wings, North Stars....all simple, graphic, and to the point.....I won't talk about the logo anymore. First game, get it out, done. Sabres won, a bit tentative of a game, a few penalties I didn't like, and I'm looking forward to seeing Connoly return sooner rather than later. Habs on Friday.....comments late, late Friday night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home