Game-by-game rant and raves....

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

....A moment of silence

I would like to ask everyone to take a moment of silence.... I was recently informed by The Wife™ that we are volunteering at the animal shelter from 11-2 on HOCKEY DAY IN CANADA. While I'm tempted to sneak in some beers and wear swiss cheese, it's only 3 hours, so I guess i can hold out. So, HDInC officially starts at 2-ish central for me this Saturday....*sigh*...... So, how about that Blackhawks game? 1st period, solid. Second period, sucko. 3rd period, the 'Hawks had to take some chances, which opened things up. Miller kept us in the game with 34(?) saves....it actually may have been a few more by the time the horn sounded. But what is with giving up the shutout in the final minutes of the 3rd? I guess a win is a win, and Miller is starting the All-star game, but i just daydream about the Hasek days of 9 or 10 shutouts a season. It would be nice to see a few more shutouts on the books, but if we win, we win. Anyone notice Vanek giving away pucks like Halloween candy?....he didn't have the best game of his career. Leafs tomorrow (Thursday) in the 'Flo. Leafs just picked up Travis Green from Anaheim and guess who's on waivers? Michael Leighton!....Ex Sabre/Rochester American, on waivers from Nashville. Speaking of Nashville, 12,000 or so at their game vs. Anaheim who, at the time, were league leaders in points.....Did Nashville really need a team? I mean, anyone who has ever picked up a hockey stick could tell you that no one in Nashville could give a rats ass about a game played on ice. Canadian cities are STARVING for teams and the NHL gives 2 to Florida, one to Carolina, Phoenix and Nashville?....This isn't the NBA Bettman, hockey belongs where frozen water occurs naturally......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home