Game-by-game rant and raves....

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

EXTRA! trade roundup.

Marty is gone to make cap space, Ty Concklin comes in from CBJ for a pick as backup. Conklin hasn't had much success lately, but I'd take him over Belfour any day. I don't need our backup goalie stabbing any of our players or getting into fights with hookers or anything. It's too bad, I would have liked to see Marty get a ring WHEN we win the cup, but it was something we had to do. Not only did we have to jettison Marty to make the other moves, but apparently, we would have been over the cap should Connoly return before the playoffs. So, once we had some room, we traded Jiri Novotny and change for Dynus(sp?) Zubris and a minor league defenceman. We actually picked up another minor-leaguer from Nashville as well. The 2 defencemen give us a few call-ups should a repeat of last year come. They are both 20 something D-men with professional experience both in the NHL and AHL. The Zubris deal is interesting. He's got 20 goals on the year and is a 6'4" Center. I think that's a good swap for Novotny. I'm sure he's a rental, but won't hurt to have upfront. Just keep your fingers crossed that Miller doesn't get hurt.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home