Game-by-game rant and raves....

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Holiday weekend that sucked

On Hockey day in Canada, 2 American teams went at it and one sucked. 30 turnovers on our part, 14 by the Roy, Max & Vanek line alone. Max also drew a 4-minute penalty in the fist period that was absolutely useless. If I knew how to fix the power play, I would be an NHL coach....something HAS to change soon regarding the PP though, because it's painful to watch. On MLK day, we lost to the Bruins in Boston. I had to listen to the game at work. I used the NHL.com "NHL radio" due to the usual poor quality of WGR55's streaming broadcast. It sounded like it was a goalie showcase, Thomas slightly edging Miller in the shootout, stopping all 3 attempts by the Sabres. The shot total for regulation was, I believe, 69 shots. Both teams had plenty of chances, pushing the game into OT and eventually a shootout. This appeared to be a close one and the teams will rematch in Buffalo on Wednesday. The Sabres have been lacking at home and Wednesday is the day to break out of it. They are a much more talented team, iI think they're lacking some effort these last few games.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home